+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chasing Waterfalls

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Chasing Waterfalls

So I am heading back to Wisconsin and caught moving water out of the corner of my eye. I pulled over immediately. Barb was willing and went out in search of some good fast water shots.

She took too long so I wandered on the other side of the road. That water was crashing down the hillside. The river was named Temperance River.

I wandered and took photos as I explored. The sound enticed me to keep wandering.

The Temperance River raging down the steep hillside was a wow moment where it pooled for a thought provoking moment before it flowed into "The Great Lake Gitchigumi."

It was quite a feeling. I felt so insignificant.

Last edited by spinner1; 10-27-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries

when the forest is ablaze with yellow next fall.

The tannic waters of the Cross River roared to the big lake. The birch trees lined the banks. I truly love the driftless area but this scenery was also awe inspiring.

We missed the bright yellows of the birch tree foliage. Locals told us they dropped their leaves three weeks prior. I have never seen so many birch trees. They seemed endless. The stark rock outcroppings with miles and miles of white trees that almost seemed naked. The forest must have looked much different less than a month ago. We must go back when the forest is ablaze with yellow next fall.

Blog Entries

Castle Danger

On our way "Up Nort" we went through a couple large cities. Duluth and Superior had some beauty but I am a outdoors lover and could not get through them quickly enough.

We took the scenic highway 61 route right along Lake Superior. It wasn't long before I saw a sign that said the next village was "Castle Danger." I then knew we were truly in the north woods. I pulled over the car at the first place I could and captured the essence of the big lake.

+ Reply to Thread