+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly ID

Default fly ID

can any one come up wirh something to replace this fly, I can not get good round rubber again and need to build a fly to replace this which works better than anything I have tried on Peacock bass in heaviely stained very fast water [url=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/nseereeram/fly.jpg:b6c76]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/nseereeram/fly.jpg[/url:b6c76]

You may be able to find round rubber labeled as Rubber Hackle, it's all over the place up here.

------------------
    Let it go and let it grow.

Go to a toy store and get one of those KOOSH Balls. They have hundreds of rubber tentacles sticking out that you can cut off to build the fly!!

------------------
    Jude
    Small flies work best. Elephants eat peanuts.
    www.customflys.com

Jude, you know my cat has one of those KOOSH balls and it never occured to me to "liberate" it from the kitty. <insert evil grin here> I can see some payback coming for all of the feathers used as cat dental floss.

A while back I think somebody mentioned that they cut up a bungee cord and got a lifetime supply.

I still have some round rubber from a Koosh (Foosh?) ball that I got a long time ago. I don't think they make Koosh (or Foosh?) balls anymore and from what Deanna said, I don't think you can get the rubber material unless you buy in outrageously huge quantities.

Now I use the round rubber from the core of bungee cords. I just have to look at the ends of the bungee cord for the colors that I want before I buy them. Lots of round rubber in the core of the bungee cord. Enough to last a good while.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 25 May 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Any reputable catalog has round rubber,try here..... [url=http://www.feather-craft.com:9e9cb]www.feather-craft.com[/url:9e9cb]

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread