Thanks, Neil. I enjoyed reading your article and intend to keep and treasure it and that magazine for as long as I’m able.

It was interesting to me to read your discussion about the increased fishing pressure on those spring creeks, and elsewhere, and the spring creeks that were open and free for anglers to use up to that time, and the fees that owners had begun to charge for anglers to fish them. Your article concluded “As a fisherman, I vote for fee fishing in preference to no fishing.”

Although I’ve never fished any of Montana’s spring creeks where a fee is charged to fish them, in part because I’ve had free fishing on comparable limestone spring creeks in my home state of PA, and in part because I’m too cheap, I have to agree with you on charging a fee for their use. And, from what I understand the fee-for-use system on Montana’s spring creeks has worked well and is well accepted.

Now, if only there was an easy answer to controlling the ever increasing use on a number of Montana’s other popular waterways.

John