+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Thankful Memorial Day

Hybrid View

Default A Thankful Memorial Day

I am very fortunate that although several friends and family members were wounded defending our freedom the only one to pay the ultimate sacrifice occurred before I was born. Claude Haven Denton, my dad's 1st cousin and best friend growing up was lost during a bombing run during WWII. Although, most of my family and friends survived I am very appreciative of the many men and women who gave their lives for our freedom in this great country.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I am very fortunate that although several friends and family members were wounded defending our freedom the only one to pay the ultimate sacrifice occurred before I was born. Claude Haven Denton, my dad's 1st cousin and best friend growing up was lost during a bombing run during WWII. Although, most of my family and friends survived I am very appreciative of the many men and women who gave their lives for our freedom in this great country.
    I am very thankful to all that have sacrificed for my freedom and continue to do so.

Yes, I am very thankful to all who made the ultimate sacrifice to defend the freedom of this great country and that of our allies. My thoughts, this year, are especially of a good college friend, Joseph Hollingsworth, who lost his life in Vietnam. A fine soldier and a son of Mississippi.
    God Bless America

Yes, let us remember those and their families who gave their lives in service to their country so that we might live in freedom, free of tyranny. May we always remember the liberties this great country allows us to enjoy as a result.

Yes, it's not all about grilling bratwurst and steak but ALL about those who lost limbs, bled and died for us. So, in between beers, do remember them because it IS all about THEM.
    Yes, John, GOD BLESS THEM and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Mark

Apart from their sacrifices we would not be enjoying all that we enjoy today. By the grace of God they endured and secured for us everything that too many today take for granted.

+ Reply to Thread