+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ladyfisher has gone to heaven

Hybrid View

Default The Ladyfisher has gone to heaven

At 5:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight time in Billings, Montana the Ladyfisher died. I was at her side all day today as she struggled to live a few more hours. In the final moments of her earthly life she was very calm and peaceful. She would want me to tell you that she is in a much better place now because Jesus died and shed His blood for her sins. He rose from the grave, ascended into heaven and has prepared a dwelling place for her there. She is no longer struggling with all the various medical issues that made life difficult these last few years.

Thank you to all of her friends here on FAOL. This was her legacy that she wanted you to share.

Neil M. Travis
    The Chronicler

Ladyfisher's legacy will endure at least as long as there are fly anglers who know to visit the original and most significant fly angling website on the internet.

For me, Deanna's FAOL website, and then the Bulletin Board, were fundamental to my development as a fly tier and angler, and how I conduct myself on the freestone rivers and streams in the Intermountain West and the Northern Rockies.

Every time I tie on one of my Ladyfisher's Golden Stone flies, a part of her is with me on waters that she would love.

My condolences to you, Neil. All the best as you deal with this loss.

John
    The fish are always right.

My condolences to you also Neil, though there really are no words.....
    We only met James and Deanna once at their home in Washington state. However, rest assured that Deanna's passing leaves a great emptiness for so many. She will be well received where the waters are always calm.
    ...lee s.

It’s been said that when a senior departs, a library departs also. This is certainly the case with Deanna. After these many years of following her posts on FAOL, I was just starting to get to know her. I wish I’d been able to know her in person. I know that you have walked this road before, Neil, and I also know it won’t be any easier this time. It still stings for me after four years. I’ve felt the Saviors comforting influence as I’m sure you have, and I pray that His peace which surpasses all understanding will sustain you through the coming days, and in the future. We’re here for you. You
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Condolences to you Neil, and to the fly fishing community. I will always treasure the many times she & I conversed in person & over the phone.
    To know her was to love her. She will not be forgotten.
    RIP Deanna.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

My deepest sympathy. It won't be the same without her.

Knees down, toddy tipped, and prayers up..........
    Just another HappyHooker

Catching and Releasing Fisher-folk for 40+years

I will always be in debt to Ladyfisher for what she did to provide this website and forum for all of us who use it. May she rest in peace.

Ted

Blog Entries

Neil,

She has lived a great life and influenced untold thousands of fly fishers world wide. That is more than most people get to do.
    While it was not unexpected, it is still difficult. They say time will heal but most important, keep the good memories with you.
    Think back on pleasant thoughts, the great times you had together, the streams, rivers and lakes you have fished.
    Thoughts like that keep us going, and allow us to accept the loss of a loved one.

Larry ---sagefisher---

+ Reply to Thread