I'm getting back into fly tying after an absence of about 20 years. Since Bass Pro Shops is available locally, I picked up one of their Trout and Panfish kits (on sale for $40 instead of the usual $50). I shall take the liberty of including an inventory for anyone who might be interested. The quality of the components appears to be acceptable.
[url=http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=27765&hvarDept=175&hvarE vent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=bro wse:4c201]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=27765&hvarDept=175&hvarE vent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=bro wse[/url:4c201]

Tools: A clamp, rotary vise.(A suitable pedestal is available for seperate purchase.) A pair of scissors, a pair of English-style, hackle pliers, a bobbin, & a dubbing needle.

A VHS instruction tape, but NO MANUAL. The instruction tape is very good.

Materials: a 1 oz. bottle of water-based, fly-head cement.
1 @ spools of code 70 rusty brown thread, code 70 black thread, .020" lead wire, small, gold wire, French tinsel and a partial spool of small, copper, ultra wire.

The following packages of 10 Dai-Riki hooks were included: 2 of size 12 dry fly #300-320, 1 of size 12 nymph #060, 1 of size 14 nymph #060, 1 of size 8 streamer #710.

There was half of a natural hare's mask, 1 (very small) brown, dry fly cape, grade 1. The quality appears to be good. There were 10, size 12, Metz, grizzly hackle feathers, a small pack of strung peacock herl, 1 small elk hair patch, a partial rigtail cock tail feather, & a partial turkey feather.

There was 1 @ pks of grizzly, black, and olive feathers suitable for wooly buggers etc. 1 pk @ of black and olive maribou AND chenille. There were 2 packs of dubbing, 1 @ black and gray.

This is supposed to be enough material to tie 10 @ Wooly Buggers, Pheasant Tail nymphs, Gold-ribbed Hare's Ear nymphs, Elk Hair Caddis dries, Winged Ants, and Adams dries. These are the flies covered on the instructional video. All in all it looks like a pretty decent way to get (back) into fly tying.