+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there camouflage clothing made for flyfishing?

Default Is there camouflage clothing made for flyfishing?

Does anyone know if anything is made of any quality? I would think there would be something made given fly fisherman would want to blend into the surrounding. Curious.

Thanks,

Wandy

I believe earth tone colors are what is recommended. I use some light camo in the spring and fall. I am new a the game so maybe there are better recommendations from the gurus'

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

On large, open rivers, my guess is that since fish look 'up' you'd want to blend in with the sky? Blues, whites and greys.

I have read...it may even have been here...that white is not good since it suggests birds of prey e.g. osprey.

I'm sure there are other places but I know Cabala's has camo shirts for fishermen...I have two and they are very comfortable.

By the way if anyone can refute that statement about white I'd love it since IMO white is the coolest color in hot weather....and what I read also included white hats.

Yes!
    Aqua Design Fishing Apparel. Sold at fly shops:

[url=http://www.aquadesign.com/:cf474]Camo Fishing Shirts MFG Website[/url:cf474]

Rich

Cool shirts, thanks for the link flymaker2.

I think some one here also recomends a watermelon colored shirt, maybe not for trouts though.

i wear light blue waders, and either khaki or sage colored shirts and hats. ive found that this combination will allow me to walk right up to a holding pool without spooking the fish, as long as i do so with as little vibration and noise as possible.

it may be coincidence, but when im wearing other colors, such as bright or vibrant colors, the fish spook easier.

as far as white goes...i got two kids and work with plumbing, grease, and cars regularly. i dont own anything white, that actually stays white for very long...

I don't wear camo, but do wear colors that blend in withthe surroundings. I then notice fly fishers wearing bright colors, etc. outfishing me, so I don't know if my color choices amke any difference.

Sportsman's Guide always seems to have a deal going on camo clothing and the stuff they sell under their own brand name has proven of reasonable quality to me, plus at a very friendly price.

Fly Rod & Reel believes that Michigan anglers are still born for wearing camo and that we chuck in duck for Steelhead is a sin.So be it what anyone thinks.I don't need Orvis boy to tell me my St.Croix chuck in duck rig is not a fad. I'll never buy another issue of the mag and I'll for sure remember the editors face if I see him on the PM.
    I asked the Editor of Fly Rod &
    Reel to set his words correct with us in Michigan about his sorry artical and never had a reply. His story blew and so does he!
    Brent.

+ Reply to Thread