+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Article Even for Non Flytiers

Default Great Article Even for Non Flytiers

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Does he sell breeder stock to other suppliers?

Not directly related, what happened to the flock Denny used to maintain?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Does he sell breeder stock to other suppliers?
    He does not.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Jesse, The flock that was at Conrad's ranch, just north of Spokane, Washington, was sold after his untimely death to a farm just south of Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, called "Clear Water Hackle" clearwaterhackle.com. I haven't tried them, however, it's the same flock.

Hope this helps. Crunchy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Jesse, The flock that was at Conrad's ranch, just north of Spokane, Washington, was sold after his untimely death to a farm just south of Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, called "Clear Water Hackle" clearwaterhackle.com. I haven't tried them, however, it's the same flock.

Hope this helps. Crunchy
    Sadly, it looks like the enterprise is not doing well... the domain name is not active.

I used only Denny's hackle for several years. He was a good friend and fellow veteran. After his death and sell to Clear Water, I tried to communicate with the new owner and it was difficult at best. I finally got one grizzly cape from him that was acceptable, but refused to use him again. I can certainly see why his business has gone south so to speak. I still have the Cree cape that Denny skinned at the Idaho Fish In (Untouched) back in '07 or '08. Will probably mount it at some point. Thanks for the article Silver. Very interesting.
    God Bless America

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    I used only Denny's hackle for several years. He was a good friend and fellow veteran. After his death and sell to Clear Water, I tried to communicate with the new owner and it was difficult at best. I finally got one grizzly cape from him that was acceptable, but refused to use him again. I can certainly see why his business has gone south so to speak. I still have the Cree cape that Denny skinned at the Idaho Fish In (Untouched) back in '07 or '08. Will probably mount it at some point. Thanks for the article Silver. Very interesting.
    I have quite a few of Denny's full skins. Folks like Tom Whiting convinced me during the hair hackle thing that they do not want my business. Fortunately I have at least a couple lifetimes worth of material...

Good for you Hap!! I meant to say I have the full Cree Skin and not just the cape. I know what you mean about a lifetime of materials, but still buying some of the new stuff much to my wife's disbelief.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    Good for you Hap!! I meant to say I have the full Cree Skin and not just the cape. I know what you mean about a lifetime of materials, but still buying some of the new stuff much to my wife's disbelief.
    John, that is just plain funny. Made my day.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread