This is not an original pattern, but rather a variation of the Splinter Mouse pattern which is actually a variation on the Gurgler pattern, that I use for LM bass. I thought I'd like to add some diving and wiggle action to this pattern, so I added some Fish Lips which you can get from a number of fly tying shops online. They are super easy to use and add a new dimension to patterns both new and old. Since this pattern dives about 3-4 inches when you strip it in, I added eyes as well to give the mouse a bit more "scared-prey" look. I am planning on swapping out the tail on this pattern with some thin paracord material from the craft shop because I am concerned that the rabbit skin tails will eventually rip off with short strikes. The 3D eyes are the kind with a 3/8" stem on the back also from craft stores. I just add a drop of super glue to the stem and slip them into the space created when folding back the foam head. I also added just a bit of UV material to the eyes to give them extra holding power. I tie this in the natural color and in all black depending on the fishing conditions and time of day.

Jim Smith