+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrabelle Florida

Hybrid View

Default Carrabelle Florida

Hey all! Planning a trip to Carrabelle the first two weeks of February. Booking a guided trip for the second week but I was interested in any input you all might have regarding other possible fishing opportunities in the area. I'll be taking some spinning and surf fishing gear. I can pack fly fishing gear in the 5 to 9 weight range. Any snook or other fresh or saltwater opportunities you can recommend? I'm not a good sit on the beach person so I'm willing to rent a kayak and explore the barrier islands and rivers if anyone has ideas or thoughts.

Thanks in advance looking forward to your replies!
    Joe Bertolini

Unfortunately, you won't find snook up there. Ive never heard of Carrabelle up until right now, so I'm not going to be much help other than some generic advice. Being winter time, the rivers are probably your best bet. Trout should be happy on the grass flats. Chart/white clousers always work. Hoepefully, someone will be able to chime in with better help. I sent a PM.
    Isaiah 41:10

Got the PM. Thanks, I appreciate the response! Since it's 10 degrees here, any fishing there has to be better!
    Joe Bertolini

Joe,
    Carrabelle had a little damage after Hurricane Michael last year. Our company cleaned up there as well as all of Franklin County. One of our employees owns a cabin at Alligator Point and will be able to help. Please PM me your phone number and I'll try to get the two of you hooked up. He know the area well and has a boat. I've never fished up there, but Reds and specks should offer you some fun, near shore. By the way, that's Oyster country and the crop was not hurt much by the storm. Great part of Florida. Good ole Boys. Enjoy!
    God Bless America

Thanks John! PM sent. We'll be down there from 03 - 17 Feb. Thanks for the hook up! Always look forward to oysters. My mom use to live outside Charleston, SC and I use to get a bushel when we where there to bring back for a spring outing for rising browns in central PA. Looking forward to getting some from the Gulf! Hopefully the shrimping has been good too! Thanks again!
    Joe Bertolini

Fished St Marks river Friday, trout in the rivers after the last cold snap. Caught some on a crafty shrimp type pattern. Also red fish are in there. clouser will work, experiment with colors. Sometimes black and black over orange work as well as chartreuse/white, chartreuse/pink.

+ Reply to Thread