Fatman- Sorry I can't agree with you on the Hebert Capes. I was buying capes and feathers from Ted Hebert and his wife way before he ever sold out to Whiting and his capes are dry fly quilty. Bill Hunter use to sell them and I tied for him for sometime. I use to send Ted's wife money for her kids and they would pick all the spade feathers for me to use for tailing. They would send me a big bad of feathers and I would send them $20.00 or so and they were happy and so was I. Still got a bunch of it left.

The fellow that posted this may have gotten a bad cape? It can happen with any grower. Someone may have missed graded it. But I have probably 20 Hebert capes that are fine dry fly capes. Ted got some neat colors that I have not seen other growers come up with. But I do not think many would grow those colors to start with. I have a half Dun and half Brown that is real neat.
Like you, over the last 40 plus years of tying for a living I have used just about all growers at one time or another. I use to buy from Henry Hoffman before he sold out to Whiting. Use to buy a lot of his 4's and 5's from him and they were great for tying. But I can't agree with you on Hebert Capes they are dry fly capes all the way. Unless you get one that was misgreaded which can happen or maybe a Hen cape by mistake? Ron