+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Renzetti Cam jaws RH Vise

Default delete post

delete... please.
    Last edited by dr korn; 01-19-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: please delete

Doug:

Why? Cam Traveler was the worst rotary vise I ever owned. The jaws fell apart (exploded in my hands) after two years and they wouldn't help me in any way.
    Owner, Yellowstone Country Fly Fishing
    Head Guide, Parks' Fly Shop
    Fly Designer, Montana Fly Company
    Author, Yellowstone Country Flies and River Characters

Yeah looking for a new travel vise.... I sold my MP Swiss Master vise and don't want to haul my J-vice as I like to leave it set up on my fly tying desk at home. What would you suggest? I may also go Regal with the Stainless Steel Jaws....
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

I for one love the Regal! I have all the jaws to include the Stainless steel. I bought the rotary with the big game jaws and found that my stainless steel jaws fit into the rotary base. Works great!!. Of course I have the pedestal base and you might not want that extra weight for travelling.
    God Bless America

I still travel with the J Vise.

That said, I also still have my Griffin Montana Mongoose. Fits in a little plastic case like a pistol case and comes with both a clamp and a pedestal. That said, the jaw durability was not great, which was why I replaced it with the J Vise.

I had never paid attention to the J Vise, but looked it up based on your post, Walter. Very nice features, especially the add on items to the basic kit. Is it sold in the U.S.? I don't care to order from South Africa if I decide to purchase. That looks like the only alternative.
    God Bless America

They are only sold direct, and no they're not cheap. I have put something like 25,000 hooks through my pro jaws and there is only one noticeable ding. Doug also ties on one, and Byron might as well?

If price is a factor I was able to get it down to what I thought was doable.
    I ordered just the vice with shaft and bobbin rest. I had Jay turn down the shaft from 10mm to 3/8" so I could then use my existing shaft pedestal and or my vise shaft C-clamps. I can't remember for sure but I don't think Jay charged for turning the shaft.
    I also would mention...note the spelling of "vice" it might cause an email to get sent to spam...it happened.

Yes, it is pricey, but has some very nice features. Since I am not a vise collector or a commercial tier, I think I'll stick with my trusty Regal rotary. Thanks guys.
    God Bless America

IMHO - the Jvice is the best vise on the market, bar none....... Quality craftsmanship all the way!
    DSCN0433.jpg

Like Wally, I have the Jvice Pro-jaws in addition to the standard jaw set...... and fyi, as to the topic of this thread ---- I ended up getting a great buy on a Snowbee Waldron vise as my new travel vise. So far, I am very impressed and it will work out perfect for travel with a c-clamp. It's a nice compact set-up....
    Last edited by dr korn; 01-19-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread