+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit of retrospect here:

John,
    I know where there a water hazard down in Hollywood that has small tarpon in it. I caught two on a bass weight spinning rod back 15 years or so ago, the largest was as long as my arm and the other a little smaller. I know as tarpon go they are babies but they were sure fun. The ponds are connected to the intercoastal by a pipe. I don't know how to get access these days as all my friends who formerly worked for the resort are gone with the change in management companies.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I always like relearning things. It's what keeps the sport interesting (and me humble.)
    Seems as I get older, I sometimes forget the methods I doggedly clung to as a pup, it gets easier to keep an open mind.

FWIW, I still prefer to catch bass (or most other species) on the surface. IMHO, a tug on the line is no substitute for a bass clobbering a big bait on the surface. Still, I have learned that their are combinations of conditions , locations and temprement of the fish that send me down deep. At these times, I do actually enjoy the process of figuriging out just what it is that turns them on.

p.s. If I had to feed myself on bass, I would no doubt go to a #10 black wolly bugger down low. Good Thread.
    Last edited by weehooker; 02-17-2019 at 11:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread