+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HEAVY wading boots

Hybrid View

So what is the bottom line: Is Montana going to ban felt for anglers, in spite of the recent rescearch?

What about other states?

Randy

Some of the rivers/streams I fish are not all that bad about rocks, i.e., slippery rocks. And then there are those streams, too, that slick doesn't quite adequately describe the rocks. So I spend some time in each, and have wondered about something kinda down this line ~

https://www.campmor.com/b/s/brands/yaktrax

I've never tried them. So my question here would be has anyone here tried such a thing? A friend of mine swears by them for walking on ice.

Do not think they will work for fishing,

Randy

Why not?
    ....lee s.

I hesitated to say anything about my experience with heavy wader boots, but decided to do it anyway. Several years ago, I bought a pair of Simms boots with leather uppers an felt soles at the recommendation of the shop owner. They were good boots, but got very heavy after a few hours wading. With a bad right leg injured years ago, I thought I needed lighter boots so purchased another pair of lighter boots. So I purchased a lighter pair with rubber soles...also Simms, and tried wearing them for a while. The River I normally fish is fast water, but not real rocky. I found that the current was causing me to loss balance went I lifted the right leg. I fought it and increased use of a staff until one day I went back to the old heavy boots. To my surprise, I found that I was much more stable with the heavier boots. When I lifted my right leg with the lighter boots, my foot didn't always come down where it was supposed to because of fast current. So unlike some, I use the heavier boots and feel safer doing it. My 2 bits worth on this topic.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW View Post
    Some of the rivers/streams I fish are not all that bad about rocks, i.e., slippery rocks. And then there are those streams, too, that slick doesn't quite adequately describe the rocks. So I spend some time in each, and have wondered about something kinda down this line ~

https://www.campmor.com/b/s/brands/yaktrax

I've never tried them. So my question here would be has anyone here tried such a thing? A friend of mine swears by them for walking on ice.
    I've got some Yaktrax and they are very good for navigating icy sidewalks. However, I don't think they are durable enough for wading.

There are some heavier duty wading overshoes available that might be a better choice, but I don't have any experience with them. See

Korkers Rock Trax
    https://www.avidmax.com/korkers-rock...YaAihkEALw_wcB

Streamekkers Wading Boot Traction Device
    https://www.amazon.com/STREAMtrekker...62045406&psc=1

+ Reply to Thread