Thread: America lost a great man today

Threaded View

Default America lost a great man today

I know we are not to discuss religion here and understand why. But, religious or not Billy Graham was a great American who provided spiritual guidance to most of our presidents for the last 70 years. His journey to his just reward will leave an unfilled vacuum in the Christian community.

Now I will tell you a Billy Graham joke, I think he would appreciate it.

Rev Graham returned from a trip to be picked up at the Charlotte - Mecklenburg International Airport. When his plane arrived there was a limousine there to transport him to his home in Montreat. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver.

You know? he said, "I am 87 years old, and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?"
    The driver said, "No problem. Have at it.?

So Rev. Graham gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap. The long black limo speeds past him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone. The trooper turns on his siren and sets off after the limo. After pulling it over, he walks to the driver's door to begin the procedure. However, when the tinted glass is rolled down, he is shocked to see who is a the wheel. The young trooper immediately excuses himself and returns to his patrol car to radio his supervisor.

"I know we are supposed to enforce the law," he tells his supervisor, "but I also know that important people are sometimes given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person."

"Is it the governor?? the supervisor asks.

"No, he's more important than that," The trooper says.

"Oh, so it's the president?" the supervisor says.

"No, he's even more important than that."

The supervisor finally asks, 'Well, then, who is it"?

"I think it?s Jesus," the trooper says, "he's got Billy Graham for a chauffeur!"

Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 02-22-2018 at 01:23 AM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!