+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Lines

Hybrid View

Default Fly Lines

I'm thinking of replacing some of my older fly lines (primarily Dry floating) this year and having trouble sorting through all the various lines advertised. Everything seems to be application oriented, without mentioning brands and names. I just want the best line, #4-5, for dry flies, but get confused by all the characteristic advertised. Don't tell me to ask at the fly shop, because they seem to push various brands or just what they have been told to push. Any ideas from real fishermen? I don't mind if you mention brands and price is not an issue.
    God Bless America

John
    Hook and Hackel Hi Floater. A great line and a good value. Still available in DT if you are so inclined. Olive green color. I have had several for over 5 years with no issues. Give Ron or Eric a call and tell the sent you.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Default Kastking

I am basically a fly line snob, LOL I use nothing but Sharkskin. I am also having a very hard time with Fly Line costing $100. My preference is a line with NO memory, a line that shoots easily regardless the size of the fly. One that is durable as I do fish every day. A young man gave me some line to say thanks. KASTKING. On Amazon. Loop at both ends. Under $50. I love this stuff.

Welcome back, Joni. It's been awhile.

Thanks! Been fishing every day but also Riding and Rock and rolling.

doesn't the Sharkskin hurt when stripping? I found that a problem.

I have been using it daily for about 5 years, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    John
    Hook and Hackel Hi Floater. A great line and a good value. Still available in DT if you are so inclined. Olive green color. I have had several for over 5 years with no issues. Give Ron or Eric a call and tell the sent you.
    Brad
    Thanks Brad. I respect your opinion and will check it out. They are good guys. Hope to see you up north this year.
    God Bless America

You're welcome John. Yes, they are good folks. I will be up starting on June 20 for The Rodmakers at Grayrock. Then the Fish In starts on Sunday, June 24 and runs until the next Sunday, July 1. I am sure I will be bugging you for the latest fishing report!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Looking forward to it Brad. Hopefully, we can have another social out at the house if that works for everyone.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread