+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite YouTube Tiers?

I still haven't made it through all of your recommendations, but wanted to thank everyone for the nice suggestions. I've subscribed to many of your favorite channels and am having fun watching some new to me, quality tiers.

Lately it's been Al Beatty, Dan Blanton, Charlie Craven, and John Barr
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Lately it's been Al Beatty, Dan Blanton, Charlie Craven, and John Barr
    Tyrone, While I find patterns by Dan Blanton and John Barr on YT, I'm not finding a YouTube channel by those tiers. Any links that you use to find a library of them tying their patterns? I did a quick search and went through just a couple of pages of results, but came up blank as far as a channel for those two tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Tyrone, While I find patterns by Dan Blanton and John Barr on YT, I'm not finding a YouTube channel by those tiers. Any links that you use to find a library of them tying their patterns? I did a quick search and went through just a couple of pages of results, but came up blank as far as a channel for those two tiers.
    Sorry my mistake. I should have said patterns by those two tied by others.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I love seeing all the recommendations - can we get sites to go to? Is that something that might be useful in a section on this site?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by melk View Post
    I love seeing all the recommendations - can we get sites to go to? Is that something that might be useful in a section on this site?
    Mike
    Were you thinking about retail sites that have products for fly tiers? Maybe you had something else in mind.

Under the BB section of the board there is a category called: Sound Off. The description of this forum is as follows:

Sound Off

Gripes and Grumbles, Hurrahs and atta-boys! Give your input on products you have tried, companies you have dealt with; a place to ask about a Company or product and get input from folks who have used it. All opinions are just that, take them or leave them. NO WAR, POLITICS, RELIGION, OR FLAMING

While I would like to keep this thread focused on your favorite YouTube tiers. I would encourage you to post a new thread in the Sound Off section asking about everyone's favorite retail site? I would love to read everyone's suggestions as an answer to that question as well. So go for it.

If anyone has a better suggestion for Melk, let's hear it. Maybe it would be OK in the fly tying section if it is just about fly tying supply sites???
    Last edited by Clay; 02-14-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Davie McPhail
    In the Riffle

There is a guy from Northern Ireland, Ryan Houston, who has some nice stuff. Lots of complete flys and also some on different techniques. Many techniques for classics. Give him a look and let us know what you think.
    Peter

​Jim Misiura
    "...when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin'..."

No I meant a list of YouTube tiers. Not sound off, but maybe "Useful Videos"
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread