My fiance just got a generous offer for a software engineering job in Madison, WI, and the company that has been stringing her along in Bozeman for the last two months failed to counter, so it just became official: I am moving away from Montana to Madison. No more guiding for me after the 2018 season, at least for a while.

There are plenty worse places to have to move than the Madison area, but still. This is gonna be a big and jarring change. In particular since my main career progression for the past 15 years has been preparing me only to run my own fly fishing business in the Rocky Mountain West. If the Bozeman company had countered, I was going to either buy Parks' Fly Shop or start my own next year. Now, wow. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. My main hobby nowadays is snowboarding, so that includes winter hobbies as well as work...

If anybody wants to fish with me out here, let me know. That goes for guided trips or me fishing too. I actually fished (rather than guided) fewer than 10 days in the Yellowstone area last year due to Richard Parks having some bad health problems that kept me doing his job as well as mine for most of the season, so you had better believe I'm going to make the most of it while I can this year.

Back to the title of the post. Who wants to learn me on the Driftless, as well as warmwater opportunities? At the very least I need to decide which boat to keep, if any.