Marco -

Sorry to say that I have only just seen your post this afternoon, long after you rescinded your most generous offer.

What came to my mind as I read your offer was that I would offer give you an Orvis waterproof 15 compartment clear plastic fly box, AND your choice of a half dozen or so of the flies contained therein. The fly box (and the flies) are both of a similar vintage as your Orvis book, however I must say that the box was only waterproof until its rubber seal dried out soon after I bought it, and its plastic top cracked. To save the cost of postage though, I might have suggested giving them to you in person at a mutually agreeable time and place (such as in Yellowstone Park in the summer or fall of 201.

Oh well, I don’t really need another fly fishing guide book, and many of the flies that I might have offered in trade are both larger and smaller than #14/16’s.

Of course it’s not the gift, but the thought that’s important, so thank you for your offer, and I hope you have a nice holiday season.

John