+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The ORVIS Fly-Fishing Guide 1984 - Tom Rosenbauer

Default The ORVIS Fly-Fishing Guide 1984 - Tom Rosenbauer

Will trade above titled item ( mail postage paid) for 6 of "your whatever" #14/16 flies. Procured from and probably donated to the Elgin IL Public Library recycle bin, good condition. I know it all so I don't need it. Original price $17.95 . ( 8 1/2 X 11 X 5/8 )

Mark

Due to TREMENDOUS lack of interest, offer rescinded. :>)
    Last edited by Marco; 11-25-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Marco -

Sorry to say that I have only just seen your post this afternoon, long after you rescinded your most generous offer.

What came to my mind as I read your offer was that I would offer give you an Orvis waterproof 15 compartment clear plastic fly box, AND your choice of a half dozen or so of the flies contained therein. The fly box (and the flies) are both of a similar vintage as your Orvis book, however I must say that the box was only waterproof until its rubber seal dried out soon after I bought it, and its plastic top cracked. To save the cost of postage though, I might have suggested giving them to you in person at a mutually agreeable time and place (such as in Yellowstone Park in the summer or fall of 201.

Oh well, I don’t really need another fly fishing guide book, and many of the flies that I might have offered in trade are both larger and smaller than #14/16’s.

Of course it’s not the gift, but the thought that’s important, so thank you for your offer, and I hope you have a nice holiday season.

John

Hey John,
    The best part of your reply is that, in any event, we could ,lord willing, meet at Y'Stone park in the fall of 201_and even though not bearing gifts, share a few lies etc.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey John,
    The best part of your reply is that, in any event, we could ,lord willing, meet at Y'Stone park in the fall of 201_and even though not bearing gifts, share a few lies etc.

Mark
    Let me know closer in time to when you plan to be in that area. Since I’m just a short distance north of the Park, normally until sometime in early October, that would be nice to do.

John

Hey John,
    That just may work. We're up thataway from mid September till about mid October staying just South of the Parks in Jackson.
    Lord willing, till then......

Mark

Personally I'd surmise keeping rather than deleting these OLD posts speaks volumes about the INACTIVITY on the FAOL forum . Perhaps it's time to REFRESH ?!

Mark

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas Marco

Why Byron !....... how VERY considerate and thoughtful of you. And also a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to you and yours.

Mark

Blog Entries

To yours as well

+ Reply to Thread