As a follow-up to our discussion 1-2 weeks ago. I was going to let a few of you know how the Mokai performed. Wednesday last week I took the Mokai out on the at that River in Arkansas. They were generating about 2-3 out of eight units. The boat traveled upstream very well, going over a couple of shoals with relative ease, add not a lot of speed in those areas. It still remained a little bit uncomfortable despite a back support I fashioned, but I have some other ideas regarding comfort while fishing from the boat. I took the boat out again on Saturday on the Little Red River where they had no generation for approximately 24 hours previous (minimum flow) there was not enough water to run the boat over the shoals, but it certainly got me up the long pools in between the shoals. The main problem I had was moss getting stuck in the intake of the jet. I had to clear the intake about five times in about a couple of miles. I tried to clear the intake from inside the boat but couldn't quite reach that far underneath about. On the trip back down, I managed to steer around most of the moss so I only had to clear the pump one time. A long handled barbecue grill cleaning brush will probably make all the difference in that process. All in all, I am pleased with the boat and would recommend it to anyone who to run upriver and go over shoals. I plan on taking it into some tributaries of my local lake this week in hopes to catch white bass run. I will post another follow-up, when possible.

------------------
Chuck Hitt