I won't be as critical as the OP

but..... this was my second fly tying symposium. The first was last year when it was still in Jersey. My opinion...., last years was pretty good. I saw and spoke to more "names" last year, there was more of a selection of "wares" for sale to look thru and the convention center venue seemed bigger to me. This year was way worse.

The lighting was absolutely terrible! Small overhead mood lighting, great ambiance for a romantic ballroom but not for picking out hackle. I was wishing I had brought my streamlight flashlight. I did see one guy using his iPhone flashlight trying to determine the color of something.

Although they advertised this venue as the "perfect size" with "more amenities", it seemed like there was more aisle room last year and this year there were still guys tying at tables out in the hallway.

Amenities? Granted, the food selection at the Jersey convention center was "mall food" poor but I didn't see any food vendors at all at the Marriott. Although there was what looked to be free ice water as you entered the "tying room".

One positive...., I got lucky with some fairly close by on street parking.

If the show stays in Lancaster, this was my last year also. When it was in Jersey it was a bearable 2 hour ride and I would probably continue to attend even if it was a marginal event, but this year it was 4 hours, and if it were not for wanting to stop at Lancaster Archery, I would not have gone at all.

They're holding the 2018 fly fishing show (January 26,27,2 in Edison, NJ

http://flyfishingshow.com/edison-nj/

wonder why the FTS didn't hook up with them.