+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: onefly - day two

Default onefly - day two

so you had a pretty good day on day one. your fly caught fish rather consistently and yer in the thick of things. not on top, but close...do you switch flies for day two? what to?

I do.
    adams wulff (former winner).

mgj

I'd switch from a black wooly bugger to a size 14 ausable hare's ear (rusty orange australian oppossum dubbing).

I'd probably snap the first fly off on the first cast if the first day (on purpose) and then pull out my box(es) and have for for the rest of the event!

well if day 1 and jigs did well...

Day 2 I would go with a pine squirrel sculpin (AKA.. slumpbuster) instead of the cone head Id go with the lighter wieght.. and use a bead head

leonard,

I don't know if you clicked on the link for the contest, but jigs are illegal and you've been disqualified.
    ;[

the sculpin is a good choice. I considered a muddler for day two...

mgj

Listen to what your guide recommends. On day two you maybe on a differnt river altogether.....What worked one day on one beat may not be a good fly for the next day. You will not fish the same place twice.

------------------
    John G.
    Albuquerque, NM

If as Mikey said, my carey worked well for me on day one I would probably tie a fresh one on for day two.

I think i'd have to go with a size 8 rainys float faom"much more durable" chernobyl ant. Cutthroats cant refuse.

------------------
    tight lines, and taught thread

M2S..

all I found was "flies Only".. is that what you mean..

How can it not be classified as a fly.. when its tyed with marabou and antron dubbing???
    just because its jig head

leonard,

somewhere in there as I was browsing through the past winners, I encountered a link to the rules and clicked on it. flies tied on jig hooks were specified as not being acceptable. hey, I didn't make up the rules, nor do I have to follow them, since we're playing hypothetically.

oftentimes when I stroll out for the evening to harrass the bass, I've got nothing but the fly tied to my leader and sink or swim by it.

blah blah...I ramble.

mgj

+ Reply to Thread