+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Tyer Index?

Default Fly Tyer Index?

Has anyone done out there an index for Fly Tyer? I was organizing, me? organize?, and I wished I had a way to easily search for articles instead of having them all by years and then groping through for an article.
    Thanks,
    Mike

I assume you are referring to the magazine? I contacted the publisher a few years ago to see if they had one and was told they did not. Seems like it would be easy for them to make one assuming they have all the back issues on computers. I have every issue going back to the first year-1978 I think and would love to have an index. I actually have the first ten or so years hardbound in four or five large books.

Closest thing I ever found was a book covering some of the early issues and referencing the patterns in the book back to the issue they appeared in. I think the problem with coming up with a comprehensive index is the fact that the magazine has changed publishers several times over the years.

Dave

This is where a personal KB application like Evernote comes in handy. No need to organize just dump the files you have in the database and search function handles the rest. OneNote is another often used app, and I'm sure there are others out there.

Well that makes sense if they have changed publishers over time. My wife has decided we need to get a scanner, for other reasons, so maybe I'll scan the index pages. Whatfly, are OneNote and Evernote good for use with either Mac or PC? Yes, I can google them but have you personal experience with either?
    Thanks to you both.
    Mike

Mike:

Evernote is web-based so it works on anything...even phones. The free version has a limited number of devices and total upload/month, but I've never found either limitation to be much of a handicap.

OneNote is a Microsoft product that I've played with on a PC but not the Mac (available both I believe). I use Evernote, but have heard a lot of positive comments about OneNote too, hence why I put it out there.

+ Reply to Thread