+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Identification and Fair Values.....post 1 of 2

Hybrid View

Default Need Identification and Fair Values.....post 1 of 2

Hi, FAOL folks -

Yesterday, I posted on the Fly Anglers Online board that my longtime flyfishing buddy, who's quite ill now, has asked me to try & sell his flyrods and several flyrod blanks he has. I need your help in identifying and/or determining a reasonable asking price for several of these blanks....

The first two are dark emerald Lamiglas blanks (I assume graphite?). Both are 9' 2 pc.. One is labeled a 4/5 wt...the other is a 5/6 wt. Any thoughts on the reasonable value of each?

1B_PF108_2945.jpg2B_PF108_2956.jpg

The next three are 2 pc. glass blanks. All appear to be the brown color of the Fenwick "feralite" rods. Edit: I now understand them to be J. Kennedy Fisher glass blanks. Paul
    Based on their labeling, I believe they're all 2 pc., 6 wt., and 8', 8 1/2', and 9' respectively. Anyone know the brand (J. Kennedy Fisher?) and a reasonable value?
    3B_Glass 2068.jpg4B_Glass 20681_2.jpg5B_Glass 2069.jpg

continued on post 2 of 2
    Last edited by PRM; 10-07-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: updated info
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

In my mind anyway, the first two emerald blanks could be the Lamiglas Perigee blanks which were sold only to rodbuilders. The next three blanks, appear to be Fisher but also could be Hardy Sceptre blanks as well. Could you take a picture of the ferrule? What type of ferrule do the blanks have? You should also record the blank model numbers here, its possible that someone with an old catalog could take the model numbers and tell you how they were listed originally. I could help you with values but only if we knew more about what the blanks actually are?
    Last edited by oldschoolcane; 10-13-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Thank you, Tim. I sent you a private message.
    Paul
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

The brown blanks could be Fisher or Hardy Sceptre as mentioned above, but I have never seen them without the spigot ferrules. Of course these sections could have just been cut from the master blank and the spigots hadn't been installed yet.

Larry

I agree that the brown blanks could be Fishers. I built a fly rod in the 70's with an 8'-0" 4 wt Fisher blank and still use it today with the resurgence of glass rods. Can't tell you what a fair price is today for the blank although I remember that it wasn't cheap for blanks in those days.

These are Fisher blanks and yes they have spigot ferrules, they're just not shown in the pictures above.

+ Reply to Thread