+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To our fearless leaders ....

Hybrid View

Default To our fearless leaders ....

Understand there's LOTS of smoke around your area. Are you OK?? How close is the fire to you?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

This is the local news report. Apparently not in Livingston, and pretty small:

"Firefighters are currently fighting the 4-acre Willow Creek Fire, on the north side of Interstate 90 between Bozeman and Livingston. Seven smoke jumpers, 2 Forest Service engines, one helicopter, and two heavy air tankers dropping retardant are currently on scene of the fire. More resources have been ordered to arrive at the fire Saturday. There are currently no structures threatened by this fire. The cause has not yet been determined.

The Willow Creek Fire was first reported around 4:55 Friday evening to Custer Gallatin Forest fire officials, and resources were deployed quickly. Firefighters will remain on scene through the night. Smoke from this fire has been visible from some areas in and around Bozeman and Livingston."
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 09-02-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Thank you, Byron!!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

If you are referring to the Ladyfisher and the Chronicler we are smoked like a salmon but we do not have any fires that are close to us. However, we are like the pioneers crossing the prairie - we are surrounded.

You two are, for sure, our fearless leaders!! Please be safe! It's not too long before Arizona!

Thank you all for the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    This is the local news report. Apparently not in Livingston, and pretty small:

"Firefighters are currently fighting the 4-acre Willow Creek Fire, on the north side of Interstate 90 between Bozeman and Livingston. Seven smoke jumpers, 2 Forest Service engines, one helicopter, and two heavy air tankers dropping retardant are currently on scene of the fire. More resources have been ordered to arrive at the fire Saturday. There are currently no structures threatened by this fire. The cause has not yet been determined.

The Willow Creek Fire was first reported around 4:55 Friday evening to Custer Gallatin Forest fire officials, and resources were deployed quickly. Firefighters will remain on scene through the night. Smoke from this fire has been visible from some areas in and around Bozeman and Livingston."
    That's one that I hadn't heard of, or seen when I drove over the Bozeman Pass yesterday, but I see there are 43 other fires presently reported on the state's Fire incident Report (Inciweb).

Actually, I think the area around Bozeman and Livingston might be one of the better places in the state right now. Not good mind you, just better than some other places.

I spent Friday night in my truck camper on the the lower Madison, and drove on to Ennis yesterday to attend the Madison River Foundation Festival which was held there yesterday afternoon and evening. I had planned to also spend last night camping on the river, but the smoke was so bad in Ennis that it set off the smoke alarm inside my camper, so I decided to drive back here to Paradise Valley, south of Livingston instead of spending another night there.

Tomorrow's weather forecast calls for a 96 degree high in Livingston. I sure hope we get through the weekend without any more fires being started, because it's very dry around here and a fire would burn like fury in that kind of heat.

www.nifc.gov/nicc/sitreprt.pdf This is the National Interagency Fire Center site with the situation report. ( Hope the link works!) Updated every morning during fire season.

+ Reply to Thread