Very grateful for the information from boaf of you. I was fooling with a Minn Kota AT 40lb foot control motor at the same time. I might of mixed up my info. But the Battteries Plus guy I consulted said it calls for a Group 27 also. So my suspicions were pretty good. Don't need way near that. I have a Duracell Ultra....uh...model DURA12-9NB which says it is a 9AH AGM battery. It is only about 6" long x 2.5" wide and about 3.5" high. 'methinks with the information you guys have provided I can do just fine with it.. Bought it a couple of years ago at Batteries Plus and have not used it, but kept it charged. I do have the ability to charge batteries every night if needed. When I was telling the Batteries Plus rep I needed to get a big battery to go under the bow....which has a quite wide opening but only 7.5" high, he suggested THREE of his smaller batteries in parrallel. Their total weight was over 60 lbs!.The little battery I have weighs between 2 and 3 pounds. It didin't make sense to me that a digital sceen....probably LCD should use all that much juice.

And...I was, am concerned about connecting both the trolling motor and the fish finder to the same battery. BTW I would not normall purchase such a fish finder. My family had been sending me gift cards over the years to Bass Pro and I had not used them. I am not near a Bass Pro. Finally did it...and only costed me $175 with free shipping.

Thank you guys very much for the info. I feel a lot more at ease now going out and trying out the used foot controlled trolling motor I just installed and the fish finder. Thank you very much indeed.

Seriously & Sincerely,

jim