Hello,
I am kinda new in the area where I spend summers now. There is a gravel pit not in operation that is less than 1/2 mile from me. Not seen from the road are 4 ponds. The biggest one is the most accessible. I may try to fight through the forest or shallows to get into the others. Anywhoooo....the owner is a friend of my new wife...well of three years. Met him the other day and he said I am welcome to fish his ponds. He said there have been brook trout to ten inches in the past. Not sure which pond he meant. But they do not look very promising. Another friend here thinks there are no fish in them. Could someone please tell me the best way to attract a fish and catch it? I am a fly fishing c&r person. But would use bait or worms just to find out if there are any fish in those ponds. I could waste a lot of days fly fishing only to never get a hit..... but I am not savvy at fishing bait or worms...........

So wondering what kind of rig, and bait to tempt a fish? Just knowing there ARE fish there would be good. THEN I could spend a lot of time fly fishing there. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

jim