+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streamer Head Needed for Renzetti Traveler

Default Streamer Head Needed for Renzetti Traveler

I'm looking for a head that holds large hooks for streamers. I have an old Renzetti Traveler vise. I'm looking for a used vise head.
    Thanks

Hi LC,
    I am wondering if what you are seeking is actually the Clouser arm to which either a standard or saltwater set of jaws attaches. I own two travelers and have found that the standard jaws will hold most of the larger hook sizes very well. The Clouser arm being straight as opposed to the standard bent arm makes the tying of the long streamers a whole lot easier and is just a matter of switching over the jaws. Have a look at the Renzetti website and you may find what you are looking for. If your existing jaws are not functioning properly, they also have just replacement jaws available and repair services also available. HOPE THIS HELPS.
    gerri

Quote Originally Posted by gerri View Post
    Hi LC,
    I am wondering if what you are seeking is actually the Clouser arm to which either a standard or saltwater set of jaws attaches. I own two travelers and have found that the standard jaws will hold most of the larger hook sizes very well. The Clouser arm being straight as opposed to the standard bent arm makes the tying of the long streamers a whole lot easier and is just a matter of switching over the jaws. Have a look at the Renzetti website and you may find what you are looking for. If your existing jaws are not functioning properly, they also have just replacement jaws available and repair services also available. HOPE THIS HELPS.
    gerri
    Hi Gerri,
    My jaws are fine. I have these 3/0 Mustad saltwater hooks that just won't fit in my jaws, too thick. Does the Clouser arm have a jaw for large hooks? I looked yesterday and I couldn't tell at what I was looking.

You can get the saltwater head from Renzetti for about $90, but I had the exact same problem and my solution was to pick up a Regal for big hooks (standard jaws). The standard Traveler is an excellent all around vise that is great for its portability -- but it is weak with large stainless hooks.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by whatfly View Post
    You can get the saltwater head from Renzetti for about $90, but I had the exact same problem and my solution was to pick up a Regal for big hooks (standard jaws). The standard Traveler is an excellent all around vise that is great for its portability -- but it is weak with large stainless hooks.

Just a thought.
    I gave my nephew my Regal to use and he hasn't tied flies since he was in high school--he's 30 now. Do you think it would be bad form to ask him if I could borrow it?

+ Reply to Thread