+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old SBSs

Hybrid View

Default Old SBSs

Photobucket, where I've been storing my pics since 2011, has recently made some changes (none for the better) and now blocks 3rd party sites, like FAOL, from hosting the pics, unless I'm willing to pay to upgrade my account. Since the price is over $300/yr, I will not be making that upgrade. Any pics/SBSs prior to July 2013 (in my older account), are no longer available for viewing. For the time being, my newer account is unaffected, but I figure it's just a matter of time 'till that one goes Tango Uniform, as well.
    Going to do an interweb search and see what else is available; I've dumped a few pics into Flikr but haven't been thrilled with their site. My older computer kinda limits my options but we'll see what can be done.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Oh MAN!!! What are we going without this resource! Are there still available using the direct link you provided a while back?
    Thanks for all you're done Scott.
    Mike

Scott,
    I view this as a huge loss, if we can not get to your older SBS posts and possibly newer ones as well. I am willing to kick in $20 to keep this active and for you to keep the photos on Photobucket until you find an alternative. If others are willing to chip in as well, maybe we can make this work. Anybody else?
    Thanks,
    Ted

Thanks folks, but I didn't intend this as a crowd funding request, and I won't be taking donations; just wanted to give you a heads-up. Like I said, I'll poke around and see what alternatives are available.

Mike,
    The direct link won't be any help; it'll just point to the SBS hyperlinks. Photobucket issues will still apply.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Scott, Photobucket has done the same to me.
    FYI... I've started using a different host... gifyu.com
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Knew this was going to be a problem for the forums. It is not just Scott's but EVERY POST that used Photobucket to host photos is going to lose their images, which is going to destroy an awful lot of useful information on the various fly fishing forums. Photobucket must be going under to make so drastic a move,but it was the number one choice for hosting for a very long time.

Do not have a strong recommendation Scott on an alternative, but I'd look at Google Photos myself because it is unlikely to go away any time soon. There is nothing to prevent Google of course of changing the terms of use as well, but that's going to be true with any vendor.
    Last edited by whatfly; 07-14-2017 at 09:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread