+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rubberized nylon net

Hybrid View

Default rubberized nylon net

can anyone recommend a rubberized nylon fishing net? Not asking for the semi-clear rubber ones as I find these to be somewhat stiff. I've seen nylon mesh nets that are "dipped" in rubber and prefer this type. Thanks

Blog Entries

Fritz,
    While on my recent fishing trip, on the first fish, the fish went straight through the net!
    It is a Blue Ribbon wood net with t he rubberized mesh.

I bought a replacement at Blue Ribbon Flies. It is a Brodin. Not wooden. It is a light, beautiful net with the rubberized netting which is good for fish.
    If I can, I will post a photo. They are approximately $125, but I think they are great. The frame is probably a mix of materials....carbon fiber.

Really like mine so far.

Last edited by Byron haugh; 07-16-2017 at 03:26 PM.

thanks Byron for your reply. The rubberized nylon mesh net I've seen has mesh no bigger than 1/8" - 1/4". Are you saying the fish you lost broke the netting?

Blog Entries

Hi Fritz,

I live on Kauai. Due to humidity and salt air (my understanding), things deteriorate quicker here than most places. Apparently, over the last 5-6 years, the netting deteriorated to the point that when I landed my first big brown recently, it broke right through the netting. Did manage to eventually land it with my son doing the netting.

These popular nets are not rubber over nylon. They are 100% "rubberized" material.

You CAN replace the rubberized netting, but I didn't have the time or the inclination.

I really love the new Brodin net. Hope you look into them.

At Brodin's website: http://www.brodindirect.com/cutthroat-carbon-fiber/
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 07-16-2017 at 07:25 PM.

You might want to look at a "measure net". They have a rubberized coating and they will sell the bags separately

Blog Entries

As I mentioned above, these rubberized net bags can be replaced if you have the time and patience.

My wooden framed net was getting scratched up pretty good. The protective finish was being worn/scratched off the wood.

+ Reply to Thread