Among the tying materials I acquired several years ago in a bulk purchase were some size small cone heads. I never used them until last winter when I made a deliberate effort to try some of the materials I had been ignoring. To that end I tied a wooly bugger with a cone head. I used a purple marabou tail with black flashabou, black chenille and hackle with black centered purple silicone legs in the center. The name bruise was obvious. Tied on a number ten hook it has been quite successful this year. It has also resulted in hookups with a quite a few bass that I was unable to land with the small hook. In an effort to land some of those fish today I tied a modified bruise on a number four hook. I didn't want anything a lot bigger than the fly that has been successful so I started the tail over the hook point so it is not a great deal longer than the size ten fly. Of course it is still too big and heavy for my two weight but if the winds go down today I want to try it with a six weight.bruise edited.jpg