+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook storage boxes

Hybrid View

Default Hook storage boxes

Hey gang, I finally found the hook storage boxes that Morneb showed in a post back in 2010, yeah I know I'm slow. These storage containers are by Darice, they are bead storage solution tiny containers. I was able to find them on Joann's Fabric website and for less money on Amazon.com, yeah I know, imagine that. I was searching again a couple of days ago and came across them, came back here and found the post by Morneb and knew I had found the correct ones. They are in various number and sizes, from 45 piece sets to 82 piece sets. The small containers by themselves, no large flat box to put them in can also be ordered on Amazon. com. Hope this help someone out. Take care, John.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...FQ94fgodhVAGlw

QUOTE=Breamchaser;527181]Hey gang, I finally found the hook storage boxes that Morneb showed in a post back in 2010, yeah I know I'm slow. These storage containers are by Darice, they are bead storage solution tiny containers.

Quote Originally Posted by Breamchaser View Post
    Hey gang, I finally found the hook storage boxes that Morneb showed in a post back in 2010, yeah I know I'm slow. These storage containers are by Darice, they are bead storage solution tiny containers. I was able to find them on Joann's Fabric website and for less money on Amazon.com, yeah I know, imagine that. I was searching again a couple of days ago and came across them, came back here and found the post by Morneb and knew I had found the correct ones. They are in various number and sizes, from 45 piece sets to 82 piece sets. The small containers by themselves, no large flat box to put them in can also be ordered on Amazon. com. Hope this help someone out. Take care, John.
    I believe this is the Darice product line being referred to ... https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...d+bead+storage

I personally like the 7-day pill containers. I've got about half a dozen containers with generally one container for each different hook style -- eg, one for standard dry fly hooks -- and then 7 different compartments for different hook sizes. I usually have just one container out in my tying area which takes less space than a larger hook box. The pill containers can generally be found for $1-$2, so you cna have a pretty complete hook storage system for about $10.
    Last edited by johnstoeckel; 06-24-2017 at 03:18 AM.

That is the exact ones I was referring to John. I think they would be great IF you have a big fly tying bench or used lots and lots of different hooks. I too have the 7 day pill minder type box, mine are Craft Mate, 14 compartment locking caddy from Hobby Lobby, for $3.99 each and SKU is 389528. That was current as of yesterday on HL's website. I am paring down my ''Stuff'' fly fishing/tying, gun/reloading and such, getting too old to do all the stuff I used to do. Y'all take care, John.

I travel a lot with my tying gear and prefer to keep my hooks in 2"x3" plastic storage bags (craft stores sell them in packs of 100); saves me space and weight.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

ScottP, I agree, if I traveled with my fly tying gear I would want something light and easy to work with. The only traveling I do with my fly stuff is from home to the fishing hole to catch fish. I guess the wife and I are too old to do much traveling, she is in a wheelchair and getting in and out of the car is getting harder for her, when we travel is is to see grandkids or family, no fishing time. Y'all take care, John.

John,

I do have a couple of those craft store locking compartment boxes - of all the ones I've tried they were the best at keeping the hooks where they belonged, and the curved ends of the compartments make it much easier to retrieve hooks. You and your wife take care, too.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

+ Reply to Thread