+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another mission complete

Default Another mission complete

My older daughter wanted to learn how to flyfish, so we took a quick trip to a local lake. I saw a storm coming from the west, so we spent a short time casting, then walked down to the bank. After a few casts she was able to hook and land a couple of bluegill. I think the next mission will be to teach fly tying, and when her casting skills improved, carp on fly. When the lightning came, we drove home, and practiced more casting in the yard. That storm I saw would later wreak havoc in the area. Don't know if it was a tornado, but news said winds of 120-140mph. Thankful that all I have is possible hail damage. Others weren't as fortunate. Have to respect Mother Nature.

IMG_20170616_180219856.jpg

Super mission. Our two sons are now capable fly fishers. When they were starting, I always tried to quit when they held a continuing interest. At first, I left my gear at home. We would sometimes throw rocks. Keep up the good "work"!

Good mission. Spent a few hours helping a friend clean up part of his yard mess following a storm Thursday night.
    Still a lot of small branches to take care of.

Rick

@Rick Z Last night was the first time in 22 yrs that we had to seek shelter under the stairs. Wind sounded like a freight train coming.

Quote Originally Posted by rwar1423 View Post
    My older daughter wanted to learn how to flyfish, so we took a quick trip to a local lake. I saw a storm coming from the west, so we spent a short time casting, then walked down to the bank. After a few casts she was able to hook and land a couple of bluegill. I think the next mission will be to teach fly tying, and when her casting skills improved, carp on fly. When the lightning came, we drove home, and practiced more casting in the yard. That storm I saw would later wreak havoc in the area. Don't know if it was a tornado, but news said winds of 120-140mph. Thankful that all I have is possible hail damage. Others weren't as fortunate. Have to respect Mother Nature.

Attachment 14582
    I love it. A good Father's Day activity that will the year around.

+ Reply to Thread