I believe I saw a post on Face Book By Bob White ( he illustrates John Gierach's column) that the magazine was done at the end of this year. I t is a shame that the FF print industry started to down size the actual magazines about 12 or 13 years ago. I have older copies of FR&R and flyfisherman magazines from 80's, 90's and up to about 2010 after about 2006 the magazine was about 15-18 pages less and there seemed to be far more destination pieces than anything else. the other issue I saw was rehashing the same old subjects just by different authors. it's too bad there used to be some good info in them. You also knew who the story authors were , now you read blogs on line and I often wonder if these guys actually fish or are they just keyboard jockies - kind of had my suspicion confrimed last year when we had a "famous" local blogger come into the shop for some tying stuff we just happened to be doing a tying class int he back we invited him to sit in and give some ideas at we were tying up Euro nymphs his supposed specialty- long story short don't think the guy had actually ever tied many flies as he struggled with just basic stuff - not saying they all are like this but I take most of what I have read with the proverbial grain of salt
steve