+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How The Rich Fly Fish

Hybrid View

Default How The Rich Fly Fish

WSJ Article. They make trout streams and trout ponds:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the...ish-1496329479
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I've been going back and forth on how to spend that $16 million I have laying around. I am conflicted no more!

Since I don't subscribe to the Journal, I won't be able to read the whole story; no sleep will be lost.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Some Texans who claim to be ranchers but really lucked into a bunch of oil under their property have a house in Gardiner as well as one in the Gallatin valley. Over there, they're channeling a bunch of creeks together and building a wetland area into a lake. The son, who as far as I know has never actually worked a day in his life, casually mentioned that they were spending $350,000 on gravel to provide insect habitat in the lake. I'm not bitter that they have this much petty cash laying around...
    Owner, Yellowstone Country Fly Fishing
    Head Guide, Parks' Fly Shop
    Fly Designer, Montana Fly Company
    Author, Yellowstone Country Flies and River Characters

Blog Entries

Each summer, I am amazed at the beautiful homes built, and being built along the Madison from $3 Bridge, downstream.

My son and I were lucky enough to be invited into one of the homes along the Madison. You walk out their back door to some steps that lead towards the river. Have t say Im a bit jealous of them! Also happy for them..

I'm wondering, on a different tangent, how much the owners of DePuy and Armstrong Spring Creeks have invested in their properties. We were lucky enough to fish DePuy one day and it was really enjoyable.......?though a bit crowded even though they limit the number of rods each day.

In my many years of fishing Wyoming, I have met ( two by trespassing on their properties) , made friends with and fished with many herein described as "rich" people. Perhaps a few WERE "born with a golden spoon....." but most were a result of good life choices and hard work. I begrudge them nothing and feel comfortable in their midst. My secret to association with "them" is, DON'T LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT. ( and refrain from saying "WOW", "very nice " is less telling, when visiting with them :>) )

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 06-03-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Byron,

I have been associated with all of the owners of the Paradise Valley Spring Creeks for nearly 40 years and the amount of money that these individual ranchers have spent on those creeks is very significant. When we had the major flood years of 96 and 97 the total investment in keeping the Yellowstone River from completely ruining those creeks was mind boggling, plus the hours and hours of work that they invested. We are blessed to have these waters open to the public even though they charge a fee. If it was not for that fact those creeks would most likely be completely closed to the public or open to only a few select individuals. Each of these property owners have received significant offers to purchase these waters but the owners have reject those offers and continue to keep them open to the public. They are truly a treasure and the owners need to be recognized for their tenacity to keep them in good shape and open to the public.

+ Reply to Thread