I have run through the gamut over the years on knots within my rigs, and what seems like coming full-circle in the end. I probably use a rig most of the time that is a bit unorthodox compared to mainstream. Nothing scientific involved here. Just my experiences. Curious if I am alone or knot (couldn't help it).

First, I avoid the bloodknot like the plague. Yes, I know how to tie it. But it has failed me on large fish more times than any other knot at the leader-to-tippet junction. And the surgeons knot has failed too often to use at the tippet.

My leaders are always loop-to-loop at the fly line. Either a furled loop....or...a simple overhand loop tied as small as I can get it. It has NEVER failed (knock on wood). Despite the tests I have read about.

My leaders are micro-ring or micro-swivel on my tippet junction if furled, which is most often. if not, I use again...a simple overhand knot looped as short as possible.

My tippet is an improved clinch to the ring or swivel....or an overhand loop once again.

At the fly...improved clinch....100%

Recently I was told I was nuts for using overhand loops by a knowledgeable friend. And had I just begun, I would accept it. However, they don't break. They cast very well, and I can tie them in the dark by feel if need be. As a note, I fish flourocarbon tippet nearly 100% and never larger than 3X, except for warmwater, I use Orvis AR tippet in 8-10 & 12#.

Thoughts? Not by any way saying I am right and anybody else is wrong. But for discussions sake....