+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eagle Claw hooks

Hybrid View

Question Eagle Claw hooks

Does anyone know why Cabelas has stopped handling Eagle Claw hooks?
    I been using them with satisfaction for years.

With BPS getting ready to close on the deal to purchase Cabela's, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's a move to steer customers from Cabela's to BPS if they wish to stay brand-loyal.

the week before the Bass Pro purchase was announced an employee at my Cabelas told me that word from on high was they had to eliminate 30% of the SKU's. That demand of taking a chainsaw to stock was why they got rid of Mustad hooks and many others. I don't know if this was to make the sellout to Bass Pro look better or just a strategic decision but when I walk in a cabelas anymore it becomes very clear early on that they make their money on clothing and everything else in there they don't mind tossing in the wastebin.

I was wondering the same.

To slightly change the theme I note that Bikebum strikes on a familiar situation with sporting goods businesses.
    Just look at the other big name places: Orvis, L.L.Bean and now Cabelas. They start out building a reputation and following in a sporting goods business and end up being just another stupid clothing store. I guess it shows where the extreme profits are. Now let's keep our eye on where BPS will now go.

I have friends that used to work for Orvis back in the 80's and 90's and I remember a dicussion about how the number crunchers were reccomending that Orvis drop everything fly fishing related and cocentrate on womens conservative clothing as it generated over 80% of the companies revenue. The nay sayers won out but just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
    With BPS getting ready to close on the deal to purchase Cabela's, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's a move to steer customers from Cabela's to BPS if they wish to stay brand-loyal.
    SAD! Plum SAD! I have bought a lot from Cabela's, they are just a few miles from me! I love their CGR rods!
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie1947

+ Reply to Thread