Thread: I was ashamed to be an outdfoorsman today

Threaded View

Thumbs down I was ashamed to be an outdfoorsman today

I drove a few miles North of my home to a state game area where I have hunted small game in the past. I hadn't been there for a couple of years but thought it might be a good place to look for mushrooms and let butterfly (the terror of all grouse) run free for a bit. When I arrived I found the area near first parking area full of debris from shooters. There where hundreds of empty ammo cartons as well as bottles and other trash. Every tree for twenty feet to either side of the clearing was cut off by repeated hits from bullets. The next row behind that one is showing a lot of damage as are many of the trees behind those. There was an area as big as my house carpeted in broken clay pigeons. There were piles of rusted out shotshells everywhere. There is probably a semi truck load of trash from target holders that have been shot to pieces and then abandoned. People have left chairs behind that other people shot to pieces. While I was there in the woods beyond someone pulled up to the next spot about thirty yards away and commenced shooting. He ignored my shouts that I was there. I left and called 911 to report illegal target shooting on state land. If this kind of behavior is what they are teaching in gun safety classes these days I quit.
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 04-25-2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: TRied to fix typo in title
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.