+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Park Passes

Hybrid View

Default Federal Park Passes

Saw this*on another site so thought I'd pass it on. *These are available to people 62 and over. *They used to be called Golden Eagle Pass. *They are worth their weight in gold. *I used mine in numerous National parks around the country over the years and it will get you in either free or for a substantial discount*. *I now find it's all I need to launch my boat at Corps lakes. *Here's the quote from the other site:

The Federal lifetime pass for senior citizens will increase from $10.00 to $80 before the end of 2017. I don?t think a date has been set yet. You can use this pass to launch boats at the Corp ramps. If you?re 62 and boat at Mark Twain get this before it increases. They sell them at the Visitor Center. It?s good for a lot of other things also, like getting into National Parks.

The above refers to the Visitor Center at Mark Twain Lake in Missouri. But these passes are good for all federal parks and lakes around the country and can probably be purchased at any of their visitor centers.

Dave

These passes are a great deal for anyone who visits National Parks, National Monuments, National Wildlife areas, all sorts of places. You can also buy them online. Just Google "America the beautiful pass".

Ted

I've got a little over 2 months 'till I'm eligible. Hope the rate increase doesn't go in to effect before that.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reminder. I went on line and printed out a form to mail. For some reason I just never got around to buying one of these passes, guess it shows I don't hit the national parks that often.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Blog Entries

I have used mine for quite a few years. It is amazing. I think the charge for driving into Yellowstone is now around $30? When I fish the area, I go in and out of the Park many times.......often the same day. You need a pass each time you enter. The Senior Pass has really saved money for me. Someone might verify the $30 figure???

Or, is a daily pass good all day, even if you exit and return?
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 04-22-2017 at 01:05 AM.

I have been eligible for several years and I have several of these passes :>) It's an aging thing.

Mark

I also have "several" containers of UDAP for the same reason. I FORGET to bring them
    Last edited by Marco; 04-21-2017 at 03:53 AM.

I might add that the pass is only good for the person whose signature is on the card but the passengers with him also get in. I've always been asked for an ID like a driver's license.
    Because of this, I plan to have my wife get one in her name in case she is with someone else or if I die before she does.

Great deal for a lifetime pass even at $80.
    I've bought 2 at $10., so I'm catching up.

Blog Entries

Byron,

I gladly buy a non-resident season fishing license each year for Montana. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll worth it.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Used to get an annual Wyoming and YNP license every year from 1990 to early 2000's but somewhere in there Wyoming went from $12.00 , then 18.00 to something north of fifty. Past few years had to plan better between when I fished the park and when I fished Wyoming.
    Still worth every penny.
    it's all good drifts

+ Reply to Thread