Wasn't sure where to post this.

Our local chapter of Project Healing Waters holds rod building events for our veterans a couple of time a year. One of our most active participants is, for all intents and purposes a quadriplegic. He does have some range of motion with his arms but had no use of his legs and almost no finger dexterity. Because of this, he struggles with wrapping guides. He can't really grip the rod blank as he turns. He more or less "palms" it. This works to a point but if he ever loses his "grip" on the blank, there is often just enough thread tension to spin the blank away from him and unwrap his wraps. (Did that all make any sense.)

Is there a HAND WRAPPER out there that, instead of V-shaped cradles to hold the blank, uses the system of 3 wheels that also includes some sort of "anti-reverse clutch" that would keep the blank from spinning away from him? I know there are POWER WRAPPERS with this feature but can't find a hand wrapper with that feature.

I actually think I would be able to build such a critter but no point in reinventing the wheel. Thanks.

Royce