Never EVER would I have thought I would sideline my stainless jaw Regal for another vise. However, I?ve wanted to try a true rotary for some time and I am glad I chose this one. I?ve been tying on this new Stonfo Elite for about a week now and I am a bona fide convert. This thing is awesome. I tie only trout flies so the size is pretty much a perfect match. The vise is well constructed with impressive fit and finish. The machined tolerances are very high end. I?ve added the additional smaller jaws for smaller size hooks. The rotary function and hook clamping are both silky smooth. The small jaws securely hold all the hooks I have tried from size 8 to 30 with very little clamping pressure and with no slipping whatsoever. The factory pedestal stem was a little short for my tying preference so I made a 5 inch extension for it on my mini-lathe. My elbows rest on my desk and the vise head is just a couple of inches below eye level, exactly where I am comfortable. I am also partial to my modified Regal base as I had made it much heavier. It?s quite stable, especially with the increase in stem height. The Stonfo base is weighty and very stable but I didn?t want to cut the ties to the Regal entirely. If you are thinking about a rotary, give the Stonfo Elite a look.