Thread: doodling at the vise

Threaded View

Default doodling at the vise

Quite a while ago I was given a box that the person said was full of assorted furs. It turned out to be craft furs of variable usefulness. One piece was a bright blue that shouts damselfly. I played with it unsuccessfully and then put the box away and forgot it. I came across it again today and tried again. For the first try I took a bundle of the guard hair type fibers and tied them in as an extended body. I wrapped the rest of the fibers length forward to form the abdomen. The extension was too limp so it was coated with a bit of clear household goop. I formed a spinner style wing from a grizzly saddle hackle and dubbed a thorax with the underfur like portion of the craft fur. I thought it came out looking very good. Unfortunately it sank like a rock.
    DSCN0055 edited.jpg

For the next try I tied in some blue dear hair for a tail, taking care not to flair it. The body was dubbed from the craft fur underfur and the wing was once again a grizzly saddle. This time it floated well and didn't look too much different.
    DSCN0056 edited.jpg

Sorry about the out of focus pictures. They looked better on my camera screen. The next project is going to be playing around with the new camera I got for Christmas until I can use it as well as the old one.
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 03-13-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.