Howdy folks ! My brother lives in San Bernardino, and works in Hesperia, about 35 miles away, I believe. He's been there for years, but only just recently started fishing again. He hasn't since he was growing up in No. Cal and So. Ore. in the '70s.. Any of y'all have some suggestions for fishin' holes in his vicinity. Something close, say within 50 -60 miles. Little bass ponds, maybe trout streams or ? He's wanting to fly fish, mostly, though him and I really love a good ol' catfishin' spot. That's where we learned to fish and got the bug when we was munchkins...with a cane pole, 12 feet of line, no reel, and a big ol' brown cork bobber. Me, I never got away from fishin' and I still live up in Modoc County.. I'm no help to him down in that country... I got him set up with a fly rod, vest, fly boxes (filled ) when he was at my place at Christmas. Even gave him a 9' Wright &McGill steelhead rod with a spinnin' reel on it, 'cause, well .... On the one hand ya got fishin', on the other hand...not fishin' .......fishin's always better, even spinfishin'........