+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Hi-Vis

Default Looking for Hi-Vis

One of my favorite tying materials, a synthetic yarn-like material called Hi-Vis, used for wings, dubbing, etc, came in a bunch of colors and was made or distributed by L & L Products of Bethpage, NY. I bought a few packets as it was being discontinued several years ago, but haven't seen it since. I'd love to find another supply, especially in black, white, rust and gray. If anyone has any they'd like to sell, or know of a source, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Thanks Joe! Most helpful!

Might want to check out troutlet.com before ordering, if you are thinking about it. I took a look at it out of curiosity and there are some scary reviews and reports concerning it. I know nothing about it and had never heard of it.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Billingsley View Post
    Might want to check out troutlet.com before ordering, if you are thinking about it. I took a look at it out of curiosity and there are some scary reviews and reports concerning it. I know nothing about it and had never heard of it.

Joe
    Scary reports of Hi-Vis? It seems pretty innocuous as fly tying materials go. I looked at troutlet and didn't seen anything.

There are several reports of customers not receiving any merchandise they ordered and paid for and never could get in touch with troutlet. There are reports of the address that troutlet lists as its brick and mortar store is bogus.

I know nothing about them but be wary. Google "troutlet.com reviews" and you will see what I saw.

Joe

OK Joe, I understand now, I'm a little slow. I thought you were saying there was something scary about the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayatwork View Post
    Scary reports of Hi-Vis? It seems pretty innocuous as fly tying materials go. I looked at troutlet and didn't seen anything.
    So far, I've had similar problems. I've tried to order several times and gotten thru the entire process, only to receive an e-mail with a blank order list and zeroes. When I try to call them, I get a recorded message, leave a voice mail, and receive no reply.

Thanks, Joe. I'll be wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Billingsley View Post
    There are several reports of customers not receiving any merchandise they ordered and paid for and never could get in touch with troutlet. There are reports of the address that troutlet lists as its brick and mortar store is bogus.

I know nothing about them but be wary. Google "troutlet.com reviews" and you will see what I saw.

Joe
    At least several years ago the business existed at that location. I was there to discus a price for rods for a wounded warriors outing. Troutlet was an internet entity to help sell a portion of the inventory of a sporting goods retailer selling more bow hunting stuff than anything else. The inventory was spotty and very little fishing gear was in the store in late August when we were there. The owners seemed to be nice guys trying to get a footing in internet marketing with not much experience. That lack of experience with the irregular inventory might explain people having a bad experience ordering form them.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread