GnuBee, I find that they work about as well a Sprately patterns if not better. I find that the sparkle green ice-dub gets more strikes than the traditional chenille body flies. I aslo tie the Pennask special a bit bigger than my Spratleys. I have not fished Pennask lake lately. One of the issues some of the lakes are running into is high reproduction rates that innturn depletes food sources. You wind up with an overpopulated lake with not enough food to sustain larger fish. I know Chan and some of the others are working on thinning out some of the fish populations in order to restore bigger fish sizes.

That being said there are soooo many great lakes in the region if one isn't producing to your liking there is ALWAYS another lake within a 30 minute drive (often much closer). When you go up there to fish be sure to check Fishbc.com for fishing reports and talk to the local fishing/fly shops... they may not point you to their favorite lake but they will point ya towards some fish.

psssttt... Hidden Lake in the Shushwap region has some very nice bows. E-mail me if you want some tips on Hidden.