+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thankful to FAOL ...

Default Thankful to FAOL ...

... for, oh, so many things, only one of which was introducing me to H&H almost 16 years ago. After a hiatus of 4 years, I am back to building rods, and so grateful to Ron and Eric at Hook and Hackle for all the help they've been.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Same here, Betty... Them boys at Hook & Hack, as I call 'em, are tops. I been out of the game awhile too.... Real glad to hear Eric is still there. I never shopped around any more after I found them guys...

Blog Entries

So..... Whatcha gonna build, Betty ? ....I been sittin' on a 9', 4wt, 4pc graphite blank I got from H&H 4 years ago. It's gonna live in a tube in my truck so's I can stop and throw some bugs whenever I have a few minutes. I bought a nice Okuma reel from a fellow FAOL member for it about the same time. I'll be starting on that rod in a few weeks.

I'm thankful for FAOL for all the knowledge and wisdom I've picked up from the members here and for the friendships I been fortunate enough to develop with my FAOL friends.

Thanks FAOL for running one of the best fly fishing sites out there and for making sure that people behave themselves by holding everyone accountable for following the rules.

Blog Entries

James,

None of us say that enough! I am thankful to FAOL. Lots of great info is posted. It is a great way to get ideas and learn from others.

THANKS FAOL!!!

Blog Entries

...I wish to heartily agree with Betty, James, & Byron. Finest group of folks I've ever encountered, FAOL. through this site I've learned, grown, discovered suppliers, and made good friends. Topped just recently by returning after a few years absence to warm familiar greetings from many fine folks... THANK YOU ! To all you folks, members and administrators, all of y'all !! Happy fishin' to all, and may your waders be higher than the water & your knots hold through the fight !
    Last edited by modocdan; 01-20-2017 at 04:12 AM.

You can surely add my "atta boys" to the pile too. Betty, you ARE one of the diamonds around here. Modocdan, are you hear Hornbrook?...and welcome.
    ....lee s.

THAT outta keep them apples aimed elsewhere!

Blog Entries

Yes, Lee, I'm in Lookout, CA it's mostly east of Hornbrook. 90 miles south of Klamath Falls, OR. Hornbrook is about a 2 hr. drive from me. Lookout is a tiny little town of about 75 souls. My hometown, my family goes back 6 or so generations there. I moved away for a few years, but now I'm retired, I wanna be back home. Great steelhead fishin in the Klamath river over by Hornbrook. And, thanks for the welcome back, Lee... Happy fishin'

I agree the guys at H&H are great. Last year I found a credit slip at the bottom of some old tying material. It was from 1983 for 91 cents. As a joke I mailed it to them and asked them to credit my account adding that I spent half of my credit on US postage. Would you believe they credited my account 91 cents.

+ Reply to Thread