+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some midwinter fishing

Hybrid View

Default Some midwinter fishing

After three consecutive days in the high 60s, I decided to try my luck with some pre-spawn bass. I wasn't sure how deep they would be, so I must confess I took my spinning rod instead of one of my fly rods. Mea Cupla

I started the season off with a nice 6lb female. Within the next two and a half hours, I landed at least 40 bass several of them 2-3 lbs and more than a few in the 4 lb range. If the weather holds out, I will get out again this week with my fly rod and some big leech patterns. I can hardly wait.

Jim Smith

That's a great start James! It sounds like a lot of fun. Also sound like a very nice lake.

Thanks Greg, it was loads of fun even if it was not on a fly rod. I am very fortunate to live on this nice little lake. That said, I tend to be a workaholic and all too often I feel like there are things from my neverending list that I have to get done first before I take time out for fishing. I actually think I fished more often when I was still working full time, instead of being semi-retired.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    I actually think I fished more often when I was still working full time, instead of being semi-retired. Jim
    Same with me Jim. One of the few resolutions I made this year is to fish more this year. I hope that invitation to south Rockdale county is still open. I have an appointment on my birthday with an orthopedic to see about getting my knee fixed hoping that will help me enjoy my Nucanoe more.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Sounds great James,
    It's always a hoot at this time of the year.....those extra, unexpected days.
    ....lee s.

Offer stands and anytime when we hit a warm stretch or anytime after March 01, should provide great action. Just let me know as far ahead of time as possible so I make sure I keep the date open and don't book a business trip. I'd hate for you to have all the fun without me

Jim

+ Reply to Thread