+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for help again. Norvise Auto Bobbin "O" ring......?

Default Looking for help again. Norvise Auto Bobbin "O" ring......?

While at Ace today I was looking for an O ring. Happened to just have the bobbin clutch assembly wit me...NOT why I was there looking for an O ring. But the danged sales rep saw it and said he could see many cracks in my bobbin clutch O ring. So he sold me what was supposed to be the replacement. The O ring from Norvise is awesome good. I kinda damaged it getting it off. And the replacement from Ace is not the right one.....

Can anyone tell me the part number of an O ring that will now fix my bobbin? ....and what store to get it from....like Lowes', Home Depot, Ace????? I hate to bother Norm about it. With his wife ill......

thanks in advance....
    BTW the O ring the Ace man sold me that I went there for.....does not work either! A wasted 30 miles round trip......
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 01-13-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: additional comment

Contact Norm from Nor-vise and he'll help you out. I'm sure it's a standard size but they can be tricky getting them on as they have to fit pretty snuggly to prevent slippage.

Jim Smith

Yes Jim. I doubt if anyone has had to replace one. Upon tearing mine out to replace it....I discovered how thick and strong it is. I should not have tinkered with it. And wouldn't if not for that Ace fellow's influence. Ace has a ton of O rings. I may go back to Ace now and try to match it. But Norm will send me I am sure. BTW James....I seem to not be able to find a pic or any info on the dubbing twister you made. Could you help out with that? A pic and plans would be so helpful to me. I do wish to make one. And thank you for the plans you have already sent to me.

Found the "O" ring I needed to fix my bobbin clutch. Knowing Norm, he has a much better stronger one....who knows. But I believe Norm is extremely busy now. He is dealing with all the orders that flowed in during December with free shipping....and before the new January prices took affect. He also has events scheduled he has to deal with. And his wife is not doing well at all. So I did not want to bother him with having to find and ship me an "O" ring.

I got one at Ace. It appears to be the exact same O ring.

The package says has on it:
    Danco Inc. Irving Texas
    15/16 x 3/4 x 3/32 STK NO 35731B

just fyi to Norvise auto bobbin users.
    jim

I just sent the plans/diagram via personal email.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Jim

I received the plans. Thank you Jim
    jim

+ Reply to Thread