I have been using sun blocker type fishing gloves for a couple decades now. I just bought a new pair, have not hit the water with them as yet but I can tell you that I am impressed with them. The Simms Solarflex Guide Gloves look like they will be great to wear. The finger tips are cut so you actually have more glove over the index and middle fingers, the ones that control and hold the fly line. That should really cut down on line burns on the fingers and give my fingers more protection from the sun while still allowing the finger tips to be exposed. Also, they extend the material so it covers more of the wrist, thus protecting that area from the sun when your shirt sleeve gets pulled up a bit. Another neat feature are the snaps on the wrist area so you can snap the gloves together when you stuff them in your gear bag making it easier to find them the next time you need them. They have a nicely extended water resistant goat leather palm that wraps around to the back of your hand around the heel of the hand. Yep, I think they are going to work just fine.

Larry ---sagefisher---